This lecture is focussed on the analysis of modern communication systems. After starting with the basic description of signals and systems, analog and digital transmission of signals is described both in the baseband as well as in the passband. A mathematical description of modulation and examples for different systems are presented. This also includes a description of sources and channels.
- Basics on audio- and image communication
- Basics on system theory
- Sampling, quantisation, z-transformation, digital filters
- Random experiments, random variables, stochastic processes
- Characteristics of transmission channels
- Analog and digital baseband transmission
- Analog and digital modulation
More information (dates, registration, etc.) can be found on the german page.