This lecture covers the description of principles for data reduction. For understanding the fundamentals of data reduction it is important to know characteristics of sources and as well as the principles of audio-visual perception. Typical examples for audio and video codecs suggested for MPEG-2 are developed and explained using the introduced models and coding principles.
- Markoff-source, AR-process
- Entropy coding
- Lineare and nonlinear quantization
- predictive coding, transform coding
- Data compression for audio und video
- Current technology trends: object based coding (MPEG-4), JPEG 2000
More information (dates, registration, etc.) can be found on the german page.